Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dave Math

Things are going crazy at work again. I've been given a lot more responsibility than I wanted at this stage in my Career, but you roll with the punches and make things work. My break is coming on Sat. so that will be nice. Here is where the math comes in. Today is Thursday and I leave on Saturday, so that's 9 days right. But in Dave math, I'm almost finished with work today so the day is basically over so it doesn't count. Also Sat is only a half day of work and Sunday is no work so those two days don't count either. Next Friday my mind won't be on work, it will be completely involved in thinking about coming home, knock another day off. This leaves only 5 more days!!!

I like Dave Math!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Dave Math sounds alot like Jenn Math.. It's 3:30, so I don't really have time to do anything the rest of the day, right?? (In the real world, they call 2 1/2 hours plenty of time, but in my world, not so much.. and then tomorrow, it'll be the end of the week & you just hate to start a project before 2 days off, right??

It just sucks when you understand & think in Creative Math, but must use Real Math.. lol

Looking forward to seeing you!!

Rebecca said...

I think my students use Dave Math.

What's really fun is to listen to two five year old argue as to whether (insert major holiday here) is 2 or 3 days away if today is Monday and the holiday is Wednesday. And then try to explain to the five year olds how they are BOTH right (depending on whether you could today or not). Welcome to my world.