Saturday, July 26, 2008

In Sickness and In Health

Well, this week began okay with Pizza for dinner on Sunday night. But as the week went on, Dave and I got sick, but on different days. Monday afternoon I had a fever and just felt bad. Anytime you have a fever they tell you to go to the SOS clinic and get checked for malaria. So Dave took me to the clinic when he got home from work, and they drew blood. For those of ya'll who know me, I am freaked out by blood and needles. Anyway, malaria test was negative but they said my white blood cell count was high. I am better now after taking the antibiotic that they prescribed. Dave though hasn't been so fortunate. On Tuesday he went to the clinic because he felt like he had sinus infection. The doctor confirmed it but after taking medicine everyday he is not quite better yet. At least now we know that there is a reliable international clinic with doctors who know what they're doing.
Other than taking care of Dave I have just finished up my second class towards my MEd. It is nice to feel like I am accomplishing something. Sometimes I do get bored here, especially since Dave works long days. Hopefully when school starts I can do some substituting at the American School and also teach more dance classes with the Society of the Performing Arts of Nigeria, a nonprofit studio that gives lots of scholarships to local Nigerians who are interested in dance. Right now I am teaching some ballet and jazz classes 3 days a week. I am also excited about our first R and R trip in three weeks. We are going on a Mediterranean cruise for 7 days and then we will be staying in Barcelona for 5 days. Maybe I will be able to remember some Spanish from the 7 years I took it in high school and college!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Aw, so sorry to hear you guys have been sick. But I am glad you found a good clinic and that you have each other there to take care of.

Jenn said...

Poor Dave!! But I'm very happy to see that you're blogging!!