Thursday, August 14, 2008

The internet is sort of working right now



The beach trip was an interesting experience. We got stopped on the way there by the “police.” They searched until they found something they could say was worth a fine. So we dashed them (which means we paid them off) and were back on our way to the beach.



Once we got there we got to experience the joys of bargaining for just about anything that we could think of that would be sold on a beach. Here are some of the crabs that we got for lunch.



This was the little cabin that we rented for the afternoon.



The locals came in with their “fresh catch” from their fishing boat. Come to find out they had the fish from the other day and they simply put them back in the boat so that they could call it fresh catch.



The cabin had a little balcony attached to it.



It was kind of cloudy that day but we still had a good time while we were there.



Like I said there were vendors selling just about everything. This is the loot we walked away with.



These little lizards were all around. They looked a lot like my old pet.



We played some games.





Fresh coconuts were pretty good.

7 comments:

Eric the Boinker said...

That cabin looked freakin' cool man...I want one. By the way, how come Dave's hair looks wet in every picture? hmm...suspicious. Oh yeah and is it just me or does one of those monkeys bear a striking (and somewhat disturbing) resemblance of nichols? eh? maybe its just me. Looks like ya'll had fun, good for you. Although you should have rode that big ass turtle...now that would have been a great picture. I can see the postcard now...Africa, the American Way. Ha ha.

Rebecca said...

Being taken advantage of by the locals... that's shocking!

But then again, so is the idea of Dave playing games and Suzanne finding ways to shop just about anywhere.

Miss you guys!

All4Naija said...

Let me quickly say something about your stupid monkey comment.You are the most abnormal fool I have ever seen in faces of the whole world.I wonder why a pig like Eric the boinker would ever dehumanized others in their own fucking land? Remain in your country, probably in a village in America.

For those who like to see beyond their noses shouldnn`t be preached to by somebody like you because they are involved already in the daily life routine trying understand the ways others live - not like you sadist, Eric the boinker.

NB:Sorry,Rebbecca.I didn`t mean to spite at you but that Eric of a thing.

Dave & Suzanne said...

all4naija,

I believe my friend Eric was referring to the actual monkeys in the previous post and Nichols is another friend he was poking fun at. I believe that you have misread something into a harmless comment. Just so you know Eric is one of the most cultured and respectful people that I know and we like to kid around a lot, I'm sure he didn't mean to offend anyone. Anyway I'm glad that others are reading my blog and I hope that you all are getting some enjoyment out of it.

D

Dave & Suzanne said...

I don't think that we were taken advantage of at all. Dave has learned the art of negotiation, by the way we put our new found skill of bargaining to the test in Europe, and I have to say it worked pretty good.

D

All4Naija said...

Though am still not convinced. If that is the case, I wholeheartedly APOLOGIZE to Eric the boinker. Yet there`s an appropriate way to really put up a poetic comment.This one explains the opposite becuase others people can read meanings to it, when relating it to the photo where women and children crowded the area around the boat.

I am SORRY, Eric the boinker and, I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

All4Naija said...

I feel some guilt now, I have to say that. I hate to say something harmful to others.This proves that it`s doesn`t right a decision to make it in haste, more or less in anger. I hope Eric the boinker will understand and accept my apologize just the way it`s meant.

I am sorry a thousand time.

I wish somebody could get that across to him.