Friday, April 3, 2009

More about SPAN


My older ballet girls. There were a few missing because of Spring Break.


Learning pas de chat. Look at Emma in the background trying to be like her older sister. Emma is in my younger class.

Working on 3rd position and tunr-out.


Changement! Point your feet in the air!



Releve



Creative Dance class



Leap Frog!


Every class we have the same routine. I am obsessed with structure! After our waterbreak half way through the hour, the girls line up for across the floor. I took this picture because they lined up on their own without me or my assistants reminding them where to go. Pretty good for 3, 4, and 5 year olds!


Monkey Dance from the Wiggles!


Circle stretches and "Surprise"!


Plies in first position.
I have had so much fun with these classes and hopefully some of the strategies I have used will be passed on for next year in SPAN. The tuition paid from these classes benefit the public school kids and several orpanages around Lagos, giving kids the opportunity to dance who would not ordinarily get to.



1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh my.. that one little girl is 5(in the front row of the impressive line up)??
I think her legs are longer than yours.. they might be longer than mine.. wow...